May 3, 2015

Robbie Williams "Gave the Entire BS Movement His Middle Finger"

Robbie Williams, pop sensation and UNICEF goodwill ambassador, performed for 40,000 Israeli fans in Tel-Aviv's Yarkon Park yesterday.

His performance came less than one week after Roger Waters published a desperate (and futile) plea on behalf of the BS group, urging Williams to cancel his Israel show.  Despite the lies, conspiracies and libels in Water's letter, this BS effort, too, failed spectacularly.  As it did the time before.

The Jerusalem Post reports how BS became a topic of mockery in Williams' concert:
photo credit:  Jerusalem Post/David Brinn
Professing his love for Israel (and especially its women), the singer declared that he plans to tell his friends that his visit was “f**king amazing.”

“It’s all about love, folks,” Williams said as his nearly two-hour concert drew to a close.

“I’ve always wanted to visit Israel and to see you and feel you, and I think now I have,” he said as hundreds of blue and white balloons sifted through positively giddy crowd of 30-40 year-olds who spent decades humming along to the vast array of Williams chart-topping hits.

Nobody tells Robbie Williams what to do. And, on Saturday night, Williams gave the entire BDS movement his middle finger.

Roger Waters would not be pleased.
A significant understatement, given this quote by Williams about his Israel visit:
"I was really really looking forward to coming here more than anywhere else I've played on this tour. I wanted to see you, I wanted to feel you, I wanted to know more about you, and I think I've done that and I want to come back again and stay a bit more time."
The Palestinian propaganda website Mondoweiss promised two days ago that "pressure rises on Robbie Williams over Israel gig."

Turns out... no, not really.  Not at all, in fact.